“Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.”
Michelle Obama’s words ring true for many of us. They speak about personality development and individuality. Michelle Obama is also on the INTJ famous people list.
The MBTI personality test’s INTJ is the architect personality type. They are independent, witty and sarcastically humorous. If you want to learn more about the MBTI and who makes the list of INTJ famous people, read on!
What Is The MBTI Test?
The MBTI or the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality test developed by Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers. The MBTI is based on the theory of extroversion and introversion by Carl Jung. There are 16 personality types, each a four-letter abbreviation.
The 16 personality types, including INTJ characters, contain the following elements:
- Extroversion (E)
- Sensing or Observant (S)
- Thinking (T)
- Intuitive (N)
- Judgment (J)
- Feeling (F)
- Perception or Prospecting (P)
- Introversion (I)
INTJ characters or personalities are defined as being introverted (I), intuitive (N), thinking (T) and having good judgment (J). They enjoy analyzing things around them, taking a rational approach to life. They have a thirst for knowledge, giving their best to every endeavor. They can be really hardworking and dedicated. But at the same time, they can suffer from perfectionism. Let’s look at some of the qualities, strengths and weaknesses of INTJ people.
Qualities Of An INTJ Type
INTJ people are driven, which enables them to become lifelong learners. They enjoy studying and learning different things, pursuing each with equal passion. They can be very focused on the task at hand.
Here are some qualities of an INTJ type:
- The architect personality type is known to find better ways of doing things. They’re good at coming up with new and innovative ideas
- They aren’t deterred by rules or roadblocks, rather these push them to go after their goals
- They use logic, insight and passion for every project they undertake
- They chase success, giving it their best shot and working alone if they have to
- They’re goal-oriented, even if it means leaving people behind
The INTJ famous people list includes big names like Michelle Obama, Elon Musk, Christopher Nolan, Arnold Schwarzenegger and more. INTJ characters are unique, passionate and ambitious. Read on to learn about their strengths and weaknesses.
Strengths Of The Architect Personality Type
An architect personality type is rational, independent and informed. They like to make decisions after thinking things through. Once they have a goal in mind, they go all out to achieve it. INTJ people are driven and creative, always coming up with diverse ideas.
Here are some strengths of the INTJ personality:
- An INTJ personality is goal-oriented, determined and focused on their destination. They’ll dedicate their time and energy to that one goal, building skills along the way.
- They are rational thinkers who need hard facts and analytical information before making decisions.
- INTJs are open to new, creative and innovative ideas, always thinking about doing something out-of-the-box.
- An INTJ is versatile, enjoying a challenge every now and then because it keeps them stimulated.
INTJs look for success with their determination and effort. They make excellent problem solvers, coming up with inventive solutions to complex issues.
Weaknesses Of The Architect Personality Type
Sometimes, an INTJ personality can be too driven and sometimes even a little insensitive. Depending on their determined personality, it can backfire at times.
Here are the weaknesses of the INTJ personality:
- An INTJ can be arrogant at times, thinking that others are inferior in knowledge and experience and dismissing their ideas and opinions.
- INTJs can be insensitive to emotions as they believe rationality is above all else. They like to stick to and believe in facts over emotions.
- Architects can be too critical of others and their actions. They have a certain benchmark and standard in mind. They can be harsh toward people who don’t quite match their wavelength.
- An architect personality type can push back when they don’t understand or accept something. They may even find themselves arguing with those in authority.
- Architects can be so determined that sometimes they ignore their better judgment.
Now that you have an idea of an INTJ’s qualities, strengths and weaknesses, you can take time to determine if you identify with any of them. Not only will this help you understand yourself better, but it will also help make better decisions in a professional setting.
Architects can be combative, going against authority if they don’t have it their way. But in the workplace, this isn’t always the best thing to do. So, how do you navigate your way through work?
Understand Your Workplace Better
Understanding where you work, the people you work with and the organizational culture will not only help you become accustomed to them but also stick around for longer. Harappa’s Navigating Workplaces course will teach you how to deal with conflict, identify decision-makers at work to build meaningful relationships and understand if you’re culturally fit for your organization. Enroll today and get access to our faculty and their learned wisdom.